The Senior IT Security Engineer is responsible for IT Security deployments, and Product/Solution integrations for our clients. They will apply their experience in deploying and managing a diverse set of technologies and understands network and security protocols and concepts to include the following: internet protocol routing, border gateway protocol, virtual local area network, authentication, access control, intrusion prevention and detection, endpoint platform protection, cloud access security, audit configuration, patch management, vulnerability management and asset management.
This position works closely with the organizations Sales Team, Project/Resource Managers, to coordinate and manage customer implementation and onboarding efforts. In addition, the Senior IT Security Engineer will serve as a technical advisor in the growth of the other security team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of the IT Security team to provide consultative and proactive services.
- Provide recommendations on building and/or improving IT Security programs.
- Communicate the value proposition of complex and highly technical subjects.
- Provide knowledge transfer of tools and technologies used to security organizations.
- Work with clients to address concerns or issues with new or existing IT Security solutions.
- Gain and maintain current vendor/industry specific certifications.
- Keep abreast on new products and solutions.
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional customer service through all services delivered to the clients we serve.
- Attend, present, and cross/train with all engineering teams
Competencies & Skills
- Must be a self–starter.
- Must have excellent communication skills at all levels
- Must be efficient and thorough with documentation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Strong organization and follow-up skills
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Strong desire to learn and keep up with new technologies.
Knowledge, Education & Experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Technology or Related Field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Information Technology Security Practices
- Extensive Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts and technologies
- CISSP or other industry recognized cybersecurity-related certification preferred
- Fortinet Experience / Certifications Preferred
- Installing and supporting FortiNet and Palo Alto security solutions
- Required Experience:
- Layer 2/3 routing
- Layer 4-7 firewall configuration
- IPSec/SSL VPN
- Network Micro/Segmentation
- Network architecture
- Preferred Experience:
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Secure Email Gateway
- Basic understanding of industry security standards
- Basic Security event analysis, Incident response, and Computer forensics
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Fast-paced office environment
- Noise level is generally quiet to moderate
- Must be able to lift <50 LBS on occasion
Ability to read, write and correspond proficiently in the English language is required
Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.